Robert L. Seibert
As a Senior Shareholder with Keene & Seibert, Robert L. Seibert’s practice includes representing corporate and individual clients in licensing matters and disciplinary proceedings in the healthcare provider area, with emphasis in representation of pharmacies, pharmacists and technicians before the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Department of State Health Services, DEA, FDA and Texas Health and Human Services Commission, as well as regulatory licensing matters involving physicians, nurses and hospitals, and litigation involving these providers. Robert has a broad range of general litigation experience in state and federal courts, both in trial and appellate work, handling many appeals with over a dozen reported cases.
In healthcare law, Robert had previously been an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas and represented the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Department of Health, Department of Human Services, MHMR, and TCADA in their regulatory litigation and contract disputes. Since leaving the state, Robert has represented hospitals, physicians, nurses, pharmacies and pharmacists with all of their regulatory problems, including licensing matters, defense of complaints, and audits from the Medicaid and Medicare programs. He maintains numerous good working relationships with regulators in many state agencies and understands how they operate and function on a day-to-day basis, which allows his clients to have confidence in his ability to solve their problems.
On the construction trade side of his practice, Robert has served as the general counsel for the Associated Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors of Texas since 2005, and publishes “Legal Angle” articles in the Texas Journal concerning legal issues of interest to the plumbing and HVAC industries in Texas. He also represents plumbing and HVAC companies throughout Texas in all aspects of their business, including licensing matters and defense of regulatory complaints before the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners and Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Robert earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Texas A&M University and his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from South Texas College of Law. Robert served as an Associate Editor-In-Chief of the South Texas Law Journal while in law school. After law school, Robert was appointed to serve as a briefing attorney to the Honorable Justice Sears McGee of the Texas Supreme Court.
- Texas A&M University (B.S. Chemistry 1980)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D. 1983)
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 1983
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Arizona
- Mary Rodriguez v. Memorial Medical Center and Steven Carawan, M.D., 2007 W.L. 4111947, No. 13-06-162-cv (Tex. App. Corpus Christi 2007, no pet.)
- Long Term Care Pharmacy Alliance, et al. v. Texas Health and Human Services Commission, et al., 2007 W.L. 2728286, mo. 11-05-361 (Tex. App.- Eastland 2007, no pet.)
- El Paso County Hosp. Dist., et al. v. Texas Health and Human Services Comm’n, et al., 167 S.W. 3d 587 (Tex. App.Austin 2005) rev’d and remanded, Tex. Sup. Ct. NO. 05-0372 (February 23, 2008)
- Sante Rehabilitation, L.P. v. National Heritage Ins. Co., et al., 2004 WL 1792401 (Tex. App. Austin 2004, pet. denied)
- Hawkins v. Dallas County Hosp. Dist., 150 S.W.3d 535 (Tex. App. Austin 2004, no pet.)
- State Bd. for Educator Certification v. Cisneros, 2003 WL 21998596 (Tex. App. Corpus Christi, August 25, 2003)
- Fleetwood Community Home v. Bost, 110, S.W.3d 635 (Tex. App. Austin 2003, no pet.)
- Stable Energy, L.P., et al. v. Newberry, et al., 999 S.W.2d 538 (Tex. App. Austin 1999, no writ)
- State of Texas v. Foley, 950 S.W.2d 781 (Tex. App. Austin 1997, no writ)
- Railroad Comm’n of Texas v. Waste Management of Texas, Inc., 880 S.W.2d 835 (Tex. App. Austin 1994, no writ)
- Railroad Comm’n of Texas v. Robert Delgado Constr. Co., 837 S.W.2d 846 (Tex. App. Austin, 1992, no writ)
- Railroad Comm’n of Texas v. Pend Oreille Oil & Gas Co., Inc., et al., 817 S.W.2d (Tex. 1991)
- Texaco Producing, Inc. v. Fortson Oil Co., Inc., et al., 798 S.W.2d 622 (Tex. App. Austin 1990, no writ)
- Musick v. Railroad Comm’n of Texas, 747 S.W.2d 892 (Tex. App.-Austin 1988, writ denied)